Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I'm not sorry I robbed you. Let's just not talk about it

Republicans are insisting that their various crimes (spying on Americans, torturing prisoners, gutting habeas corpus, politicizing the justice department, etc) not be investigated now they've lost power, because doing so would be "divisive."

That's 100% backwards. Committing crimes is divisive, sunshine and investigation of those crimes is healing. It's time for them to grow up and take responsibility for their actions and at least some of the damage that they have caused. I thought Republicans were supposed to be in favor of people paying the price for their crimes. They're practically famous for it.

2 comments:

Mike D said...

I also like a comment I read recently about Giants WR Plaxico Burress accidentally shooting himself in the thigh with his unregistered handgun. Shouldn't the GOP be rushing to his defence? I thought they loved liberty and the right to bear arms?

Ecks said...

Nonono... They love liberty and the right to bear arms for middle class (and up) WHITE people. Common mistake.