Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sarahead revisited

Governor Palin clears up all the confusion about whether she knew Africa was a continent:

“My concern has been the atrocities there in Darfur and the relevance to me with that issue as we spoke about Africa and some of the countries there that were kind of the people succumbing to the dictators and the corruption of some collapsed governments on the continent, the relevance was Alaska’s investment in Darfur with some of our permanent fund dollars.”


Well sorry. Allow me to amend my analogies:

The once putative Goldman Sachs boss explained that she does know what liquidity is, because her mom bounced a check once, "and Safeway didn't have the office for paying of behind amounts, which was hard too on many aunts and uncles, which is relevant to cheesesteak and barbecue sauce, because paydays were Friday, also."

And the formerly erstwhile heart surgeon candidate? "Well it's great to be here speaking without a filter from the mainstream medical textbooks that say the heart is on the left side, when those of us in these more patriotic here regions kind of know that it attaches closer to your right wing, which is relevant for Alaska's position on the left of America's map, which is wrong also, because Alaska is America's heart unlike those city parts which are veins."


Oh Sarah, it's so great that you're rehabilitating your good name.

2 comments:

Mike D said...

Let me tackle Gov. Palin's quote by way of analogy.

"I, as a 14-year-old, heard that Nike employs sweatshop labour. Now, I know that some shoe companies are committing tax evasion and others are going out of business because of high taxes that I have been told are bad, but the real relevance of Nike's sweatshop labour is that I keep buying Nike cross-trainers."

Ecks said...

Your analogy is closer, but less abusive. I call that a tie :)